Crypto Index Tracker – Big Jump in Metaverse Index
HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
Broader risk markets, including tech stocks, have bounced recently as markets appear to have priced a hawkish Fed. But the spillover to crypto markets has not been uniform.
Bitcoin has jumped five percent over the past week, but our metaverse index is the standout performer with a 21% surge (see charts one and two). Meanwhile, our overall smart contract platform index is up seven percent on the week. Finally, our DeFi index is up the least at four percent.
In terms of the breakdown within each index,
- Smart contract platform index Cardano (ADA) is down the most at 1.4%, and Avalanche (AVAX) is up the most at 11.2%. Ethereum is up 9.9% on the week.
- DeFi index PancakeSwap (CAKE) is down the most at 3.8%, and Maker (MKR) is up the most at 11.5%.
- Metaverse index The Sandbox (SAND) and Decentraland (MANA) are up the most at 36.2% and 35.4%, respectively. Axie Infinity (AXS) is up the least at 2.4%. Mostly large gains across the board.
- Bitcoin index This is up 4.8% on the week.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market. he OG of
- Smart contract platforms Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. But we also include rivals Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA) and Avalanche (AVAX). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter
- Metaverse Enjin Coin (CNJ) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. One of the largest is this space is Axie Infinity (AXS), which is a play-to-earn gaming platform. Another is Decentraland (MANA), which is a virtual world that allows ownership of land among other things. The three other coins we include are The Sandbox (SAND),
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Aave (AAVE), Maker (MKR), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI) and PancakeSwap (CAKE). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a very broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending and borrowing or to yield farming. The five coins we have selected are
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Thaiview