Brevan Howard Taps Talent From Jump Capital and Gemini for New Crypto Unit
Hedge fund manager Brevan Howard is continuing to ramp up its crypto business, hiring Jump Capital partner Peter Johnson as a portfolio manager and Gemini Trust’s former head of security Cem Paya, according to a Bloomberg report.
- Brevan Howard is gearing up for direct investments in crypto and busy forming a new crypto-focused division called BH Digital.
- A spokesperson confirmed the hires but was unable to provide additional information.
- In September, the firm announced Colleen Sullivan, a co-founder and former CEO of CMT Digital, will lead its investments in crypto.
- The new crypto business so far has more than 30 employees and 12 portfolio managers, Bloomberg reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
- In April, it was reported the European hedge fund was planning to allocate up to 1.5% of its main fund (worth $5.6 billion at the time) to direct exposure in cryptocurrency.